Villa Atas Ombak is extraordinary – a spectacular, absolute beachfront estate set in one and a half acres of mature tropical garden, yet so close to Seminyak that some of Bali’s hippest restaurants and bars are within walking distance. Stroll across the villa’s manicured lawns dotted with lotus ponds and ancient frangipani trees to the beach-edge palm trees and penjors (Balinese offering decorations) and watch the towering waves break onto the sand. Life doesn’t get much better than this.
The villa’s living areas and five bedroom suites are housed in three alang-alang thatched pavilions that extend across the estate. All enjoy magnificent sea views, and the sound of the surf is a constant reminder of Atas Ombak’s pleasingly appropriate name, which means ‘top of the waves’.
Every moment spent in this quintessential Bali beach retreat is full of magic: luxuriate in the shallows of the 14 x 7-metre pool or lounge in the shade of the deeply cushioned poolside balé retreat to the sea-breeze-cooled living pavilion for a siesta; sip a cool drink on the beachside deck in the glow of one of Bali’s legendary sunsets; savour a gourmet dinner created by the accomplished chefs and served by charming, crisply uniformed staff in the candle-lit gardens. Little wonder this gorgeous villa has captured the hearts of so many newly-weds as well as the headlines of several lifestyle magazines.
One of the delights of staying at Villa Atas Ombak is having such easy access to the beach –the scene of many of the sea-based rituals of Bali’s religious calendar. Nearby, just opposite the chic Mozaic Beach Club, is a lifeguard-patrolled swimming area; walk a little further along the beach and you’ll come to La Lucciola, where you can enjoy the ambiance of this pioneer Bali beachfront restaurant.
A stay at Atas Ombak is truly living the Bali Dream!
Quick Facts :
- Location : Batubelig, Seminyak, south-west Bali, Indonesia.
- Capacity : 10 people in 5 ensuite bedrooms with king-size beds (1 converts to twins).
- Living areas : Reception hall, large garden living pavilion, air-conditioned TV room, formal dining for 10, informal dining for 10, additional living area in Ocean guest pavilion, garden bale, beachside sundeck.
- Pool : 14 x 7 metres, plunge pool by master bedroom.
- Staff : Villa manager, assistant manager, cooks and kitchen staff, housekeepers, gardeners, security. Additional staff (eg babysitter, masseuse) available on request.
- Dining : A suggestion menu of Balinese, Indonesian, Asian, western and children’s meals; requests accommodated (including special diets).
- Communication : WiFi internet access, telephone, mobile phone reception, fax.
- Entertainment : Satellite TVs and DVD players in TV room and master bedroom, Bose surround-sound system with remote for living pavilion.
- For families : Villa Atas Ombak is well equipped for families.
- Spa : Treatments selected from a comprehensive spa menu can be carried out by professional beauty therapists in the privacy of the villa (extra costs apply).
- Transport : Safe and reasonably priced metered taxis are easily available, and day or half-day car and driver hire can be arranged via your villa manager (additional costs apply).
- Weddings and events : Events for up to 200 people can be held within the villa’s spacious beachfront grounds.
- Additional facilities : Barbecue, in-room safes, back-up generator.
- Property area : 450 m2 (villa) & 6,600 m2 (land).
- Low season : US $1,800++
- Shoulder season : US $2,390++
- High season : US $2,795++
- Peak season : US $2,950++
* The rates are subject to 15.5% service charge, taxes, etc.
- Low season: All remaining dates
- Shoulder season : 01 Apr to 12 Apr, 16 Jun to 23 Jun, 21 Aug to 31 Aug
- High season : 13 Apr to 17 Apr, 28 Apr to 01 May, 24 Jun to 20 Aug & 15 Dec to 25 Dec
- Peak season : 26 Dec to 02 Jan
- Check In2:00 PM
- Check Out11:00 AM
- Max Guests10
- Min Stay3
- Air Conditioning
- Cable TV/Satellite TV
- Dish Washer
- Internet access
- Ocean Views
- Pavilion/Gazebo (Bale)
- Swimming Pool
- Water Front