“Villa Kedewatan” is located in the village of Kedewatan, five minutes by car from the famous artist community of UBUD in Central Bali, and only 150 yards from the equally famous and exclusive 5-Star AMANDARI resort hotel.
It is built on a ridge overlooking the Ayung River with spectacular views of the adjacent rice terraces.
From the villa, it takes only 45 minutes by car to the International Airport at Denpasar or to Kuta or Sanur, two of Bali’s most renowned beaches.
Villa Kedewatan is, indeed, a sanctuary of peace, tranquillity and singular exclusivity for someone who is looking for that very special holiday hideaway.
• The villa can sleep up to eight adults :
– The villa’s two main bedrooms each have a king-size bed, and en-suite facilities. Both have air-conditioning as well as ceiling fans – the ceilings are very high, and the climate of Ubud is relatively cool, so the ceiling fans are often sufficient. Each bedroom has huge sliding doors opening onto the lawn in front of the pool. A baby-cot or a child’s bed can be provided.
– There is further sleeping accommodation, inside a genuine antique Balinese rice barn. The barn has been fitted with a delightful sleeping loft for two, with a king-size mattress. Both ceiling fan and air-conditioning are provided. Below in a cave, is the barn’s private bathroom, reached by steps. This is ideally suited to younger people, due to the 3 flights of steps up and down between the sleeping area and the bathroom.
– A fourth sleeping area on the mezzanine floor has two single beds, and there are adjoining private facilities. No air-conditioning.
• The rice barn also doubles as the entertainment, room – Satellite TV and DVD / Video players are provided.
• A beautiful collector’s place ‘sakenam’ pavilion overlooking the rice – fields has recently been added – this is perfect for breakfast, or for just daydreaming.
• To reach the villa from the private car park entails a descent of 82 steps – this is what makes the setting of the house unique. No sounds from the road – only the sound of the rushing River Ayung, far below in the valley. We have added a rack-and-pinion fanicular lift that carries 4-5 people, which is always available when the steps are daunting.
• All 5 of the villa’s staff are at guests service throughout their stay; there are a supervisor (who is also the chef and the housekeeper), an assistant(who also drives the van, a gardener, a housemaid and a night watchman.
• A 5-7 seater minivan is based at the villa, and is available for rent by the villa’s guests, either as self driver or with the driver. Free drop-offs to and pick-ups from Ubud.
• There is an IDD phone, and a fax machine, and a local connection for a laptop can be set up.
• There is a Safety Box in the first bedroom.
• Meals : Breakfast is provided only on the first morning. Thereafter meals can be provided according to guests wishes, and provisions for these can be obtained by staff at guests experience if required. Villa Kedewatan is a 5-minute drive from the centre of Ubud villa, where there is a wide choice of restaurants and other facilities.
• Guests’ Laundry is sent out, and charged at cost.
• Airport transfers are arranged at a charge of US $30.00 – 35.00 each way.
• As this is normally the owners’ residence, there is a beautiful Golden Retriever living at the villa – she is occasionally accompanied by a friendly little Shi-Tzu. They are fairly well behaved, and are looked after by the staff. It may be possible to arrange for them to be taken elsewhere during a guest’s stay.
Low season ( 1 bedroom use) : US $260 /Night ++
Low season ( 2 bedroom use) : US $315 /Night ++
Low season ( 3 bedroom use) : US $445 /Night ++
High season ( 1 bedroom use) : US $320 /Night ++
High season ( 2 bedroom use) : US $465 /Night ++
High season ( 3 bedroom use) : US $560 /Night ++
Rates are subject to 21% Government tax.
* Dec 18th to Jan 15th, Easter Week, Aug 1st to Sept 30th.
* Remaining dates of high season
- Check In2:00 PM
- Check Out11:00 AM
- Max Guests8
- Min Stay3
You must login/register to post a review.