For a faultless fusion of inspired architecture and easy tropical living, The Layar is in a class of its own. This iconic enclave in the heart of Seminyak comprises 23 villas, each set in its own very private garden sanctuary fanning out from a central colonnade of mature flowering trees. An elevated setting means the villas’ front boundary walls all but disappear, creating a sense of openness and space that’s rare in this most popular of Bali’s resort areas.
Design enthusiasts are sure to love The Layar – meaning ‘sail’ in the Indonesian language and named in tribute to the villas’ distinctive roofs that taper dramatically to the ground like the rigging of a traditional sail boat. These iconic roofs, which are the signature of The Layar’s architects, create exciting split-level open living spaces with curved and angled walls and contrasting natural finishes that include tropical hardwoods, marble and stone sourced from the Indonesian archipelago.
Light, spacious and open-plan for easy entertaining, living areas flow smoothly out to the swimming pool and jacuzzi deck and on into the garden. Many of the villas have mezzanine-level media rooms, and all have plenty of comfortable seating areas. The bedroom suites are large and designed for privacy – every room, even the bathrooms, enjoys garden views.
The Layar offers a choice of one-, two-, three- and four-bedroom villas, each with its own distinctive design and all with an uncurbed feeling of space and openness. The one-bedroom villas are so romantic, yet even the largest four-bedroom villa has intimate, away-from-it-all corners.
Pleasing to those who treasure their privacy, staff only appear when you need them; The Layar is run along the lines of a boutique resort – complete with central kitchen and room service – so staff are on hand to tidy or serve up a sumptuous breakfast or poolside barbecue, otherwise you’ll have the villa entirely to yourself. And if you can tear yourself away, Bali’s best restaurants, bars and boutiques are only moments away,including the resorts own stylish Settimo Cielo for some fine Italian cuisine.
- Location : Central Seminyak, south-west Bali.
- Capacity : 4 x 1-bedroom villas; 7 x 2-bedroom villas; 11 x 3-bedroom villas; 1 x 4-bedroom villa.
- Living areas : Open-plan living room; mezzanine media room in many villas; indoor dining for 4-8 people; poolside deck.
- Pool : Every villa has a private swimming pool (1 br pool 45sqm; 2 br pool 44-56sqm; 3 br pool 50-75sqm; 4 br pool 86sqm) with shallow area for kids; jacuzzi in all 2-, 3- and 4-br villas except one of the 3- br villas.
- Staff : A team of 100+ staff, including an estate manager, chefs, cooks, butlers, 24-hour receptionist, daily housekeeping staff, maintenance engineers and security ensures the smooth running of The Layar Villa estate.
- Dining : Options include a priced room service menu of international and Indonesian meals; private barbecues and other specially ordered meals can be cooked at the villa. Or dine in style at Settimo Cielo, our chic Italian restaurant perched at the front of the villa estate.
- Communication : Complimentary unlimited WiFi internet access and local telephone calls (international calls extra).
- Entertainment : Satellite TV and DVD/CD player in the living area or media room and in all bedrooms; iPod dock.
- Additional facilities : Barbecue on request; in-room safes in every bedroom.
- For families : The Layar is well equipped for families and includes a limited number of baby cots and high chairs. Pool fences are also available (extra charge applies).
- Transport : On request, the Layar reception team will call one of Bali’s safe and reasonably priced metered taxis, or arrange for car and driver hire (24 hours notice required, additional cost).
- Spa : A wide range of treatments can be carried out in the privacy of your villa by professionally trained spa therapists.
- Property area : 100sqm to 431sqm (villa); 250sqm to 1,081sqm (land).
1 Bedroom villa
Low season : US $368++ per Night
High season : US $420++ per Night
Peak season : US $452++ per Night
2 Bedroom villa
Low season : US $494++ per Night
High season : US $578++ per Night
Peak season : US $656++ per Night
3 Bedroom villa
Low season : US $578++ per Night
High season : US $656++ per Night
Peak season : US $803++ per Night
4 Bedroom villa
Low season : US $840++ per Night
High season : US $1,208++ per Night
Peak season : US $1,418++ per Night
*All villa rate are subject to 21% service charge and tax.
Low season : 09 Jan to 02 Apr, 11 Apr to 15 Jun, 01 Sep to 18 Dec.
High season : 03 Apr to 10 Apr, 16 Jun to 31 Aug
Peak season : 19 Dec to 08 Jan
- Check In2:00 PM
- Check Out11:00 AM
- Max Guests106
- Min Stay3
- Air Conditioning
- Cable TV/Satellite TV
- Dish Washer
- In Spa/Massage
- Internet access
- Road Access
- Swimming Pool
You must login/register to post a review.